Preventing Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
Domestic violence is a serious problem throughout California and U.S. Domestic violence cases often get a lot of media attention. Laws to prevent domestic violence and penalize domestic violence offenders often get a lot of political support and voter support because of public awareness of domestic violence and its effects.
There are specific actions that can be taken in order to help prevent domestic violence and abuse in the first place:
- Education. Educating others about what domestic violence is and what the effects of violence are is helpful so people can recognize why domestic violence is not the answer.
- Promoting domestic violence awareness means more people will be aware of domestic violence statistics and what some of the broader effects of domestic violence are. It is important that people recognize the signs of domestic violence and know what to do about it.
- Speaking out against domestic violence.
- Organizing and attending fundraisers for domestic violence shelters increases community awareness and helps people who have already been the victims of domestic abuse.
- Report domestic violence to the proper authority. If you witness domestic violence or are a victim yourself, you can get help by contacting law enforcement in your area. It is all too common for a victim to not speak out, even when help is needed.
- Volunteering to help an organization that assists domestic violence victims and that increases awareness can help to prevent domestic violence.
Our Solano County criminal defense attorneys at Maas and Russo are very familiar with California laws regarding domestic violence. In the past, we have successfully defended several clients who faced harmful domestic violence charges. We understand that domestic violence allegations are sometimes based on false accusations or made in error due to misinterpreted situations. Our firm can help if you or someone you know has been accused of domestic abuse in Solano County or Napa County, California.
Contact Maas and Russo today to discuss domestic violence charges and prevention.