Thomas Maas, with his background and dedication to criminal defense, has built a notable career in the legal field. His journey from a Public Defender to founding Maas Law Offices and eventually merging with Daniel Russo to form Maas & Russo demonstrates his commitment to his clients and the pursuit of justice. Let's break down his career highlights:
- Early Life and Inspiration: Growing up with a father who was a tenacious San Francisco defense attorney, William Maas, Tom was exposed to the legal world from a young age.
- Bar Exam and Start of Career: Thomas Maas passed the Bar Exam in 1997, and he wasted no time in embarking on his legal career. He chose to work as a Public Defender for Solano County, where he challenged the conventional belief that misdemeanor cases are better resolved through plea deals. Instead, he took case after case to trial and achieved success by winning them.
- Founding Maas Law Offices (2007): In 2007, Thomas Maas decided to establish his own family-run criminal defense law office, known as Maas Law Offices. This move allowed him to have greater control over his practice and offer specialized legal services to his clients.
- Merger with Daniel Russo (2019): In 2019, Thomas Maas executed a significant corporate merger with renowned attorney Daniel Russo, resulting in the formation of Maas & Russo.
- Notable Achievements: Thomas Maas's career is marked by his commitment to defending his clients against serious charges. He has successfully prevented hundreds of clients from receiving life sentences through victorious trial work or effective negotiation.
- Integrity and Client Relationships: Thomas Maas also values the integrity of his work and maintains strong relationships with his clients, their families, and colleagues. Building trust and rapport in the legal field is essential for providing effective representation.
- Diverse Legal Practice: Thomas Maas's legal practice includes handling the full spectrum of cases with heavy emphasis on homicide defense and representing clients accused of sexual assault. Given the public passion surrounding these areas of law, Maas finds them more susceptible to false accusation or prosecutorial overcharging. These are highly sensitive and complex areas of law that require a deep understanding of legal strategy and a dedication to protecting clients' rights.
In summary, Thomas Maas has carved out a successful career in criminal defense law, characterized by his dedication to his clients, his commitment to justice, and his willingness to take on challenging cases.
Contact Maas and Russo for your free consultation.
Golden Gate University
San Francisco, CA
The State Bar of California
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
The California Public Defenders Association