Facing Rape Charges in the Bay Area?
Call an Experienced Sex Crime Lawyer: (800) 483-0992
If you face rape charges, then your lasting reputation, your freedom, and your future are all in serious jeopardy. At Maas Law Offices, however, you can find trial-tested defenders who are ready to zealously fight to clear your name and protect your rights.
Why Choose Our Rape Defense Lawyers?
- Three lawyers bringing you 60+ years' shared defense experience
- Proven defense in 1,000s of cases, including acquittals and dismissals
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ selection
- Fearless, trial-tested defense for every step of your case
Understanding Sex Crime Charges in California
Rape is one of the most serious sex crime allegations that a person may face. If convicted, the defendant may face up to 3, 6 or 8 years in state prison. Additionally, the defendant will face mandatory sex offender registration, possibly for life. Unwanted, forced or nonconsensual sexual intercourse constitutes rape in California.
Following are specific circumstances where sexual intercourse would be classified as rape:
- The victim is unable to consent because he or she is unconscious or asleep
- The victim is highly intoxicated and/or unaware of what is going on
- The victim says no or acts in a manner that shows he or she does not consent
- The perpetrator physically forces sexual intercourse upon the victim
- The perpetrator threatens the victim with violence or with a weapon
- The victim is unable to consent because of a mental or physical disability
- The victim is unable to resist because of physical restraints
The perpetrator must have known or should have reasonably known of the victim's condition (for example, if the victim was intoxicated) in order for sexual intercourse to be classified as rape. A rape victim may be a stranger, a friend or acquaintance (date rape) or even a spouse. If an adult has sexual intercourse with a minor under 18 years old, this may be classified as
Discuss Your Case with Our Firm for Free: (800) 483-0992
Are you or someone you know facing a rape accusation? If so, a Solano County criminal attorney at Maas Law Offices can help you. Our sex crime defense lawyers represent clients throughout Solano County and Contra Costa County from our offices in Fairfield, California. Don't delay in consulting a defense lawyer about your rape charges. You need to act quickly to ensure that a professional is looking out for your rights and actively working to protect your future.
Contact Maas Law Offices today to discuss your case with our Solano County criminal defense attorneys at no cost to you.