Solano County Domestic Violence Attorneys
Preventing Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is a serious problem throughout California and the rest of the U.S. Domestic violence cases often get a lot of media attention. Laws to prevent domestic violence and to penalize domestic violence offenders often get a lot of political support and support by voters because of public awareness of domestic violence and its effects.
There are specific actions that can be taken in order to help prevent domestic violence and abuse in the first place:
- Education. Educating others about what domestic violence is and what the effects of violence are is helpful so people can recognize why domestic violence is not the answer.
- Promoting domestic violence awareness means that more people will be aware of domestic violence statistics and what some of the broader effects of domestic violence are. It is important that people can recognize the signs of domestic violence and will know what to do about it.
- Speaking out against domestic violence.
- Organizing and attending fundraisers for domestic violence shelters increases community awareness and helps people who have already been the victims of domestic abuse.
- Report domestic violence to the proper authority. If you witness domestic violence or are a victim yourself, you can get help by contacting law enforcement in your area. It is all too often that a victim does not or cannot speak out, and help may be needed.
- Volunteering to help an organization that helps domestic violence victims and that increases awareness can help to prevent domestic violence.
The Solano County criminal defense attorneys at Maas Law Offices are very familiar with California law in regards to domestic violence. We have represented numerous clients who faced domestic violence charges, and we know that sometimes a domestic violence accusation may be made which is entirely false or which is based upon a situation that was misinterpreted. A Fairfield domestic violence attorney at our firm can help you if you or someone you know has been accused of domestic abuse in Solano County or Contra Costa County, California.
Contact the Maas Law Offices today to discuss domestic violence charges and prevention.